4 mokeys

4 mokeys
@ da beach

Monday, September 3, 2012

So I Shall Try It Again

I know that I have not kept up very well with writing entries on this blog. When I first began thins blog I was fully intending to do it regularly. Then fear crept in. That fear of exposing too much of my life and the life of my family to total strangers and the fear of being scrutinized and judged by others. Also, the words of my mother growing up who told me never to divulge too much information lest my identity be stolen, my photos be used by some sicko in his web site for other sickos or worse, someone will figure out who I am and who my family is, and they will find us, stalk us, and murder us in the middle of the night while we slept! OK, so that last part about someone finding us, stalking us, killing us was not exactly how my mom put it, but after all her warnings it's the picture I always had in my mind. However after much thought and much more prayer I've decided that I am willing to put more of us out there for various reasons.

One, I really enjoy journaling, specially looking back at journals from years ago and reliving moments in my life both good and not so good and thanking the Lord for all the amazing things HE has done in my life since.
Two, I also love to journal for the sake of my children. I want them to have a record of those same incidents for the same reason that I feel blessed to have them. Also, someday when both Nick and I are gone they can relive those moments they spent with us and hopefully their faith and hope can be encouraged as well. I know there are many ways to keep those records. Photo albums, scrap books, paper journals etc., but I have tried to do those things and failed. Mainly because I have 5 little ones under 11 (yes, some personal info divulged right there, would be stalker comes to mind {{chills}}) and I simply do not have the time nor the energy to put effort into all that scrap booking and such entail. Here however with just a few clicks of the mouse, even as I nurse my baby boy on my lap, I can do it all. I can journal, post pictures, even make it all look decent and all with good spelling (thanks to spell check, ha ha), and which I could NEVER do in the "real" world.
Three, and this is more of a hope than a just reason, perhaps in this vast world of the internet some lady like me, who tries her best to live for the Lord, with her house full of kids, a hubby whom she loves, and more laundry, dirty dishes and dirty floors than she knows what to do with. Not to mention 13 years worth of sleep deprivation and the same hair cut she's had for years, can come and feel that she is not alone in this world. She can say,
"Hey if that goofy, disheveled and overweight chick can do it, shoot, then so can I!"

So here I am, giving it another try. I hope that this time I will find the time to really keep this blog updated as often as possible. I also hope to share pictures of our adventures in Freedom in Christ, and even a few more personal details. In the mean time I will work on defeating that stalker-phobia of mine by remembering that the Lord is our Great protector who, as the lyrics of one of my favorite songs of all time by Veggy Tales says,
"God is bigger than the boogie man".

Love and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment